¡Estamos de obras! Pronto tendremos un nuevo diseño.... We're under construction! We'll have a new layout soon...

Wednesday 27 April 2011

I got a tatkal ticket to Alleppey

Friday I'm leaving for a week of holidays in India. I wanted to see the backwaters, but the trains were already fully booked and the idea of spending 12-15 hours in a bus wasn't good either. I asked my Indian colleagues and they told me there will be extra tickets on sale two days before departure. These are the ones from the "tatkal quota". In India all trains have different quotas: general, ladies, foreign tourist, defense, ... and tatkal.

Tatkal is meant for a emergency and therefore is sold two days before departure only and it has an additional fee. Even with additional fee, all tickets are sold out within an hour!! The sale starts at 8:00 am and the system is so slow (because of the people booking) that it's difficult to get through. Indeed I wasn't able to book the ticket myself, I had to ask Suresh to do it for me and he spent around 30min.Well, this time I got the "right" class 3rd AC. for other trains I don't mind the sleeper class, but this time will be a journey of 12hours from 17:00 to 5:00, so AC is better :)    

1 comment:

  1. IRCTC having weired rules, by mistake if you create multiple user id, your account will be suspende.And for creating another id,u need to create new email id and mobile number also, as registered mobile number will not be accepted for new account. Sign up is only taking 2 days
    ,still unable to sign up the new account.

    ReplyDelete