¡Estamos de obras! Pronto tendremos un nuevo diseño.... We're under construction! We'll have a new layout soon...

Saturday 26 March 2011

Counting down: 2 weeks

We're leaving in two weeks and mayor things (visa and flight) are arranged, now it's time for the a health check: dentist, vaccinations and other drugs.

My appointment with the dentist is made for next week and yesterday I got the typhus vaccination, although I didn't think I really nedeed. The vaccination lasts for three years and my last one was on August 2008, but as we say in Spain "mas vale prevenir que curar".

Now I'm preparing my "pharmaceuticals travel kit", well just replacing the ones which expired. I got the kit from Laura, one of my travel fellows in India, when she was going back to Spain (and I was staying in India alone for almost 3 weeks). Since then this little bag has travelled a lot: Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, South Africa, ... Even if it seems like a huge amount of drugs, they perfectly fit in the bag.

Things which should be always in your kit:
  • Sterile kit including needles, syringes and suture kit
  • scissors, band-aids, tape, bandages, safety pins, antiseptic (betadine),
  • anti-diarrhoeals (Loperamide), antibiotics for diarrhoea (Ciprofloxacin) and oral rehydration solution (Gastrolyte)
  • paracetamol, ibuprofen
  • Antibacterial cream, purified water

1 comment:

  1. a comment about this kit, it's just 17cmx12cmx8cm!!! small I would say...

    ReplyDelete